NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS CLUB OF THE VILLAGES BY-LAWS
ARTICLE 1: NAME AND PURPOSE
Section 1: Name: New England Patriots Club of the Villages
Section 2: Purpose:
- Provide and foster Social and Community Interaction among NE Patriots supporters residing in The Villages.
- The intent of the club is to be recognized as a non-profit social club under Section 501(c) (7) of the Internal Revenue Code.
ARTICLE 2: QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIP
Section 1: Qualifications:
- Membership is open only to residents of The Villages.
- Visiting guests of a member will be exempt from membership for one month.
- Village residents may not attend a meeting as a guest of a member.
Section 2: Annual Membership Dues:
- The business year will run from September 1 through August 31.
- Annual membership dues will be assessed and collected by October 15th of the calendar year. Payment of dues qualifies residents as members.
- Dues for new members who join at other times during the year will be assessed at the same annual dues.
- Nonpayment of dues prohibits attendance at all functions.
ARTICLE 3: OFFICERS, RESPONSIBILITIES, ELECTIONS AND VACANCIES
Section 1: The elected Officers will be President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Membership Chair. Each of these Officers will serve a two year term and will serve as the Executive Board.
- Preside over the Executive Board and general membership meetings.
- Act as a central point of contact for the NE Patriots Club of the Villages.
- Vice President:
- Assist the President in his/her duties.
- In the absence of the President, preside at club meetings and direct official business.
- Assume the duties of the President for the remainder of the term, if there is a vacancy in the Presidency.
- Supervise Committee Chairpersons.
- Serve in other capacities designated by the President.
- Maintain accurate minutes of all regular and special meetings as called by the President.
- Hold the official copy of the By-Laws.
- Keep, in a safe place, all the Executive Board and general meeting minutes and correspondence, including documents other than those in the custody of the Treasurer.
- Receive and file Committee Chairpersons yearly reports.
- Account for the collection and disbursement of funds.
- Maintain accurate financial records in accordance with proper accounting principles.
- File any official Federal or State documents, as needed.
- Have present, a current Treasurer’s report, at each general meeting.
- Present a Finance Report at the end of the Treasurer’s term.
- An audit of the Treasurer’s records will be approved by a person(s), appointed by the President, at the end of each year.
- Membership Chair:
- Responsible for maintaining membership records.
- Collecting membership dues from new and renewing members and forwarding these dues to the Treasurer for deposit.
- Preparing and issuing membership cards.
Section 2: Elections:
- The President shall appoint a Nominating Committee in April for the Officers’ positions.
- At the May general meeting, nominations will be presented to the general membership. At that time, nominations may be accepted from the floor.
- The election of Officers will be held at the general meeting in May. All nominees presented at that general meeting will be elected by a simple majority vote of the members present. Election shall be by written ballot, except when there is only one candidate for office. In this case, the Nominating Committee Chairperson shall call for the election of the candidate (or slate of candidates) by acclamation.
- The newly elected Officers will begin their two year term at the September general meeting.
Section 3: Vacancies:
- In the event of an office becoming vacant, nominations shall be asked for and a general election will be held to fill the remainder of the term for the individual vacating the office.
- The Executive Board is empowered to make decisions in matters not covered by the By-Laws that are in the best interest of the New England Patriots Club of the Villages.
ARTICLE 4: COMMITTEES
Section 1: Standing Committees:
- Committee Chairpersons will serve for one year or until new Committee Chairpersons are appointed by the Executive Board.
- Committee Chairpersons will provide an annual report to the Secretary by January 15th each year.
- Committees may be added or deleted by the Executive Board.
- Committees will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Business Partners
- Community Relations
- Social Events
- Sporting Events
- Web Site
ARTICLE 5: FINANCE
Section 1: The President, Vice President and Treasurer are authorized to write/endorse checks and use the club’s credit card as necessary. However, none of these officers may write/endorse a check to him/her.
Section 2: Whenever the President or Vice President writes/endorses a check or makes a bank deposit, the Treasurer must be notified by phone or email on the date of the transaction.
Section 3: Funds received by the club shall be used by the Executive Board to pay for expenses incurred during regular operations. Excluding events, expenditures in excess of $500.00 must be approved by the Executive Board.
Section 4: A yearly budget must be established for charitable donations. It will be the role of the Executive Board to determine how these funds will be disbursed.
ARTICLE 6: AMENDING THE BY-LAWS
The By-Laws may be amended at any regular meeting by a 2/3 vote of the members present, provided that email or written notice of the proposed amendment has been presented to the membership at least one meeting prior to the vote.
ARTICLE 7: INDEMNIFICATION OF LIABILITY
No individual member, officer or Director shall be liable for debt, liability or obligation of the New England Patriots Club of the Villages.
Section 1: Any plan for dissolution of the club will be approved by an affirmative vote of the Executive Board.
Section 2: Distribution of assets will be recommended by the Executive Board and approved by a majority vote of the remaining members.